Music Theory Southeast (MTSE) is a regional society whose primary goal is to foster the discipline of music theory throughout the region which includes the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- President - Gabe Fankhauser, University of North Georgia
- Treasurer - Bryn Hughes, University of Miami
- Secretary - Daniel Jenkins, USC-Columbia
- Member-at-Large - Rebecca Simpson-Litke, University of Georgia
- Member-at-Large - Alan Theisen, Mars Hill College
MTSE meets once a year on various campuses within its region. In 2015, the MTSE conference will be held at East Carolina University, on March 27-28 to coincide with their annual New Music Festival. Dr. Severine Neff (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) will be the keynote speaker. The Program Committee includes John McKay (chair), Robin Atlas, Juan Chattah, Chris Endrinal and Josh Mill. Mark Richardson will be in charge of local arrangements. Members of the Nominating Committee include Tomoko Deguchi, Guy Capuzzo, and Mark Parker.
The 2015 Call for Presentations and Programs and Abstracts from earlier conferences can be accessed from links in the left sidebar of this page.