Music Theory Southeast (MTSE) is a regional society whose primary goal is to foster the discipline of music theory throughout the region which includes the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- President - Gabe Fankhauser, Appalachian State University
- Treasurer - Bryn Hughes, University of Miami
- Secretary - Daniel Jenkins, USC-Columbia
- Member-at-Large - Rebecca Simpson-Litke, University of Georgia
- Member-at-Large - Alan Theisen, Mars Hill College
MTSE meets once a year on various campuses within its region. The 2014 meeting was held on March 21-22 at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Guy Capuzzo (UNC-Greensboro) chaired the Program Committee. Dr. Poundie Burnstein (Hunter College and the Graduate Center CUNY) was the keynote speaker. Programs and Abstracts from this and earlier conferences can be accessed from links in the left sidebar of this page.